This year marks a new decade for MiHIN Shared Services, as we plan the 11th annual Connecting Michigan for Health. This conference convenes healthcare and health information technology leaders and decision makers from across the nation. Past conferences have featured empowering and insightful presentations led by some of the finest in the industry. This year we expect nothing less, as we begin our journey to find inspirational and motivated individuals to speak at the 2019 conference. Selected speakers will be given the opportunity to expand their network, share their stories, and build their professional resume.
Connecting Michigan for Health 2019 will be held at the Lansing Center in Lansing, Michigan, from June 3-5, 2019. The running theme for the year is, “Amplify: Boosting the Power of Connectivity.” We encourage any suggestions for presentations, but are particularly interested in hearing about the following trends:
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources® (FHIR®)
- Query-based exchange
- Legal perspectives on health IT such as Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA), etc.
- Medical Information Direct Gateway® (MIDIGATE®)
- Learning health systems
- Immunization integration with schools
- Social Determinants of Health
- Closing gaps in care and quality measures
- Provider organization perspectives on interoperability
- Consumer engagement
- Behavioral health – sharing of data
- Perspectives on health IT and integration solutions with
- U.S. foster care system
- Probation and parole systems
- Correctional facilities
- Law enforcement
- Motivational topic (all suggestions welcome)
Consider the following criteria before submitting a proposal:
- Presentations are expected to be strictly professional learning experiences (no marketing or selling of products or services).
- Speakers are encouraged to include interactive, engaging, or experiential elements to their presentations (ex. having the audience participate in activities via polls).
- Proposals should include a title, description, learning objectives, and delivery methods.
Submissions will be accepted through December 7, 2018.
If you are interested in joining us this year as a speaker, please click the link below to submit your proposal. All questions or concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.